Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I have one of those faces

You know. Whenever I meet someone new, they say, "don't I know you from somewhere?" Or "Did we go to highschool together?" Or most commonly, "You remind me of my" sister, cousin, roommate, high school girlfriend, anyone really. I've been compared to Molly Ringwald, Hayley Mills, and Kim Basinger, and Goldie Hawn which I found most flattering. Now, mind you, I look like none of these people. But I look familiar, so people have to place me.

Because I'm familiar, and thus non-threatening, people also tend to unburden themselves. I have heard the most amazing confessions from relative strangers. People also say, "I don't know why I'm telling you this." I do. I have one of those faces, and therefore you trust me.

If I were evil, I could use this power to make money. Blackmail or insider trading, or something. But I'm not, so I just listen. Hi. Nice to meet you. Tell me all your secrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment